Managed dedicated web hosting provider SingleHop, launches a new data center in Elk Grove, IL.
According to Zak Boca, SingleHop’s President and CEO, “the data center space at the new facility allows us to locate our client’s servers in one of the most technologically advanced facilities, not only in the Chicago area, but world-wide. We have superb redundancy, connectivity, fire and cooling systems that we can depend on. This facility wasn’t refit, or re-engineered. It was built entirely from the ground up to anticipate high server density. It allows for our company to use all of our space, and power. With 48U cabinets and the ability to more than adequately handle 12KW per cab, we’ll waste less money and resources, which in turn will keep our clients from paying for inefficiencies.”
Some specifications of SingleHop’s new data center include:
• 10,000 square feet of available, raised-floor data center space
• 210 watts of power capacity per square foot
• Up to 12 kilowatts of power per cabinet
• Laser-based early fire detection system (VESDA)
• 24-hour security: bullet-resistant security area, level III walls and doors, keycard & biometric ID
• On-site NOC staffed 24/7/365 by SingleHop technicians
For the new data center, SingleHop entered into a $2.5 Million agreement with collocation provider ServerCentral, which operates this facility within DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc’s (NYSE:DFT) facility in Elk Grove Village, IL.
Excerpted from [WPMID=12].
To learn why daveonwebhosting.com chose SingleHop as a top pick for managed dedicated servers, read the SingleHop directory post.